FAQFAQ   SuchenSuchen     BenutzergruppenBenutzergruppen   RegistrierenRegistrieren 
 ProfilProfil   Einloggen, um private Nachrichten zu lesenEinloggen, um private Nachrichten zu lesen   LoginLogin 

Wing Profile as B2, F117 , Nonsensitive to speed gain

Neues Thema eröffnen   Neue Antwort erstellen     Foren-Übersicht -> Tipps zum Bauen und Werfen
Vorheriges Thema anzeigen :: Nächstes Thema anzeigen  
Autor Nachricht
Mustafa Umut Sarac
Indoor-Athlet

BeitragVerfasst am: 23.09.2018, 20:19    Titel: Wing Profile as B2, F117 , Nonsensitive to speed gain Antworten mit Zitat

I think general concensus to make a moderate boomerang is to make it with thick , massive and brutalist wing profiles.

Some mta profiles is looks like military grade bullets , ultimately thin , have long outward looking curves.

These second class of profiles are ultimatelly difficult to make.

There is a third option from military to make flat panel wing profile.

When you use a wing foil under a boat , higher the speed , higher the speed and outward height of the boat and finally wing
- TRADITIONAL NACA WING - comes off from the sea and boat collapses.

When you use flat panel in the construction of foil wing , boat wing foil never comes off from the water at highest speed and everything stabilizes.

XFOIL can create flat panel wing and analysis it.

I think there is something to create easier wings and stabile wings are good things.

I found , wind sensivity , high winds effects boomerangs badly. These flat panel wings are not sensitive to wind speed change. They fly and nothing changes the flight.

I had been found a different flat panel wing paper and flat panels were imitating the NACA curve with 5 or so flat panels.

They had analyzed with xfoil and may be wind tunnel and reported qualiity loss is minimal but construction economy , speed and easiness were maximal .

You can either mimic the curves with flat panels or you can make your tri panels profile.

Mustafa Umut Sarac
Istanbul
Benutzer-Profile anzeigen Private Nachricht senden AIM-Name
B der K-te
Wurfkreis-Choleriker

BeitragVerfasst am: 11.10.2018, 12:23    Titel: Antworten mit Zitat

Reflexed airfoils (deutsch: S-Schlag Profile) are a common use for years for boomerangs.
Georgi Dimantchev uses it for his MTAs.
Wilfried Gorny often build concave trailing edge. You can spot it at his plans. For example Gepard III or Orbiter.
https://das-bumerang-projekt.de/bauplan/
Benutzer-Profile anzeigen Private Nachricht senden E-Mail senden
Mustafa Umut Sarac
Indoor-Athlet

BeitragVerfasst am: 11.10.2018, 13:21    Titel: Antworten mit Zitat

Thank you for your very informative message.

Is there a link to see these reflexed airfoil MTA boomerang plans ?

I think I remember a plan with curved wind coming profile and reflexed wind going profile .

Is there a full reflexed wing airfoil boomerang ? Or is it a common thing as you said ?

Which is better ? Concave or reflexed ? What are the plus and negative aspects ?
Benutzer-Profile anzeigen Private Nachricht senden AIM-Name
Neues Thema eröffnen   Neue Antwort erstellen     Foren-Übersicht -> Tipps zum Bauen und Werfen Alle Zeiten sind GMT + 1 Stunde
Seite 1 von 1

Gehe zu:  
Du kannst keine Beiträge in dieses Forum schreiben.
Du kannst auf Beiträge in diesem Forum nicht antworten.
Du kannst deine Beiträge in diesem Forum nicht bearbeiten.
Du kannst deine Beiträge in diesem Forum nicht löschen.
Du kannst an Umfragen in diesem Forum nicht mitmachen.