FAQFAQ   SuchenSuchen     BenutzergruppenBenutzergruppen   RegistrierenRegistrieren 
 ProfilProfil   Einloggen, um private Nachrichten zu lesenEinloggen, um private Nachrichten zu lesen   LoginLogin 

HPC Parallel Computing - Sharing what I learned

Neues Thema eröffnen   Neue Antwort erstellen     Foren-Übersicht -> Tipps zum Bauen und Werfen
Vorheriges Thema anzeigen :: Nächstes Thema anzeigen  
Autor Nachricht
Mustafa Umut Sarac
Aussie-Round-100-Werfer

BeitragVerfasst am: 16.02.2020, 02:15    Titel: HPC Parallel Computing - Sharing what I learned Antworten mit Zitat

I am reading too many sciencetific articles on aerodynamics and I come face to face with parallel computing supercomputers.

And I am reading too many articles about their economy.

Yes supercomputing is cheap , a lot of computers are rent for 1 euro per 1 hour.

But if you want to run a commercial software - their softwares , too many softwares installed to supercomputer and you manage them from your computer- but its very expensive , one hour of ansys costs 22 dollars , if you want few other softwares it costs to super amounts.

To overcome this , we return to our free licence fee , OPENFOAM.

I think it will be cheap or may be totally free to use.

It has advanced optimisation also.
Benutzer-Profile anzeigen Private Nachricht senden E-Mail senden Website dieses Benutzers besuchen
Mustafa Umut Sarac
Aussie-Round-100-Werfer

BeitragVerfasst am: 15.03.2020, 00:58    Titel: Antworten mit Zitat

I have just finished discussion with experts at simscale cloud simulation company forums.

Before that I watched simscale videos , there are lotss of excellent videos on youtube.

One of them was optimizing drone propellers. After hour of typing the computer and few hours of computation , only thing simscale found was lift of the propeller. You can create 5 propellers and simulation tells which one have more lift.

Second thing is to find wind flow streamlines and compare few designs until you select one.

You can see hub and wingg tip vortex how interacts with wake , create turbulence and result was loss of lift coefficient.

The thing you can do in cloud hpc activity

is to compare
is to use your eyes.

If you want , your cloud system make your boomerang blindfolded , it costs thousands of hours of gpu time and use many softwares costs tons of money.

there is one option your computer do the optimization free was to use openfoam adjoint optimization or fluen free.

If you want the catia + star ccm + matlab + optimization route , each software renting costs 22 euro per hour least.

Your home gpu card would be old or expensive and new. You can find cracked software , big ram , big memory and wait least week or more , may be month for everything been calculated.

Its still early folks , there iss least 10 years to do everything inaction.

today , simulation is done with computer and than compare and change designs by yourself for costs minimum.
Benutzer-Profile anzeigen Private Nachricht senden E-Mail senden Website dieses Benutzers besuchen
Neues Thema eröffnen   Neue Antwort erstellen     Foren-Übersicht -> Tipps zum Bauen und Werfen Alle Zeiten sind GMT + 1 Stunde
Seite 1 von 1

Gehe zu:  
Du kannst keine Beiträge in dieses Forum schreiben.
Du kannst auf Beiträge in diesem Forum nicht antworten.
Du kannst deine Beiträge in diesem Forum nicht bearbeiten.
Du kannst deine Beiträge in diesem Forum nicht löschen.
Du kannst an Umfragen in diesem Forum nicht mitmachen.